[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 19jun2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 00:14:12 BST 2020

On Jun 19 2020, at 3:55 am, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> yesterday:
>
> * got the Test Issuer core actually executing a 4-instruction loop.
> this is a Big Deal.

Woooohooooo!!! We *must* celebrate milestones like these, it's so
gratifying for me to see everyone's work working in concert in the test
core luke is building, all hail unit tests :)

> * did a 3 hour conference call "introduction" for LibreSOC newcomers
> (Marketnext)

Going to send the email Luke requested I send to Jean in the next couple
hours.. catching up on the email backlog from yesterday's exim4 shenanigans.

> * talked with Cole a bit.

Going to create some bug reports related to what we can learn from a
multicore RV64GC SOC, "BlackParrot: A Linux-Capable Accelerator Host Multicore"
https://github.com/black-parrot/black-parrot

Especially their branch predictor and cache-coherency code, and their
14nm tapeout experience from july 2019.

> don't know.  didn't sleep very well.

Same here, must be a full moon or somehting :)

Cole