[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 31jul2020
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 31 14:53:03 BST 2020
* tracked down XICS unit test bug
* investigated litex libresoc simulation kindly provided by florent
* helped jean-paul with direction on "floorplan" version of layout.
* attended hilarious and informative OpenPOWER Virtual Coffee
* added ref to powerpc-notebook article
* updated https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/ "progress" section
* looked again with puzzlement at the litex simulation.
rest of day:
not sure. the litex simulation is "acting up", not outputting serial
console data (for microwatt or libresoc), is stopping early and not quite
microwatt has branch prediction and a L1 cache so examining the wishbone
reads/writes does not give an accurate picture of what it is actually doing.
i would _like_ to do a cycle accurate comparison of log output and find the
discrepancies however this is really not that easy.
this is going to need some thought.
crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
More information about the libre-riscv-dev