[libre-riscv-dev] Which ECP5 FPGA

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 20:42:47 BST 2020

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020, 12:31 Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> I may have missed this, but which ECP5 FPGA are we targeting specifically?
>
> A few good options:
> Versa 5G - pretty expensive but has all the peripherals but HDM
> ULX3S - backordered
> Orange Crab - affordable, no peripherals beyond USB.

I haven't checked what they provide, but one critical requirement is that
they have (or we add) enough ram to run Linux -- it's theoretically
possible to run in a few MB but >128MB is a good idea (>1GB preferred)
since then that's enough we might be able to run some simple JIT
compilation tasks as needed for the Vulkan driver.