[libre-riscv-dev] lots of stuff broken

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 07:55:09 BST 2020

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020, 15:19 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> hiya jacob,
>
> um, the div unit changes is breaking a lot of things that terminates
> any possibility of doing work.

sorry, I incorrectly assumed you weren't currently using it due to the
large size of the current div pipeline.

it's not designed for having extra parameters.  if you need two
> different kinds, then that means having two differerent DivPipeSpec
> classes: one for the Comb work, one for the Sync work.

ah, ok. I was assuming the constructor would be able to be called directly,
allowing easily adding an extra parameter, instead of through some generic
multi-level abstraction.