[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 16jul2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 17 07:38:09 BST 2020

On Friday, July 17, 2020, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> today:
> attended virtual coffee meeting -- lots of interesting conversation, like
> usual

yeah :)

> added code to switch out div pipeline's udivrem core to different
> implementations --

i'm tempted to suggest making it possible to select the different
implementations, you know, by the soc.config structures you can see
building up, there.

then the code is still around and useable when we do the larger cores and
sqrt and rsqrt make it worthwhile to use pipelines.

but the abstraction layers building up because of that approach is getting
really high.

> added an implementation that uses nmigen's div and
> rem operators for testing rest of div pipeline -- will add a FSM-based
> implementation soon

star.