[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 09jul2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 10 18:25:40 BST 2020

On Friday, July 10, 2020, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> yes, I know and expected that. I'll repeat myself until you get that I was
> looking at the ra and rb *inputs* in *this stage* as well as the previous
> stage. those *inputs at the beginning of the pipeline* were zero.

ok am with you.  that's very odd, because when i added those lines the
correct expected values propagated down the whole thing.

sorry had to narrow down by being able to say what it wasn't :)

there is actually a word for this in vedic epistemology (advaita vedanta)
which is "knowledge by difference".  the discrepancy in a comparison *is*
new knowledge.

took a couple of rounds to get there though :)

> plus, given that the break in the pipeline has been
> > identified i don't believe it necessary to raise the bugreport.
> >

> it *is* necessary to report (unless fixed meanwhile), since you got
> distracted by the wrong thing and completely missed that the signals that
> shouldn't have been zero since they *are* connected to the pipeline inputs
> -- those signals *are* zero in the vcd file.

yes with you now.  sorry took a while.