[libre-riscv-dev] Vulkanizing

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Feb 19 19:21:14 GMT 2020

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:15 PM Scheming Pony
<scheming-pony at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Your flexible architecture could allow us to to OpenGL and Vulkan in parallel, with your current budget.

yes, there's nothing that would not prevent that... other than we
didn't apply for NLNet budget to do so.  we'd not *stop* someone from
implementing an OpenGL library on top of the hardware - we'd welcome
it.

however i think such a person would find, particularly when it comes
to the GL Shaders, that one of the prerequisites for having a
successful OpenGL engine is: EXACTLY the same underlying shader engine
as is found and required for Vulkan.

> See my off-list email about Taiwan.  My laptop battery is at 1% and my brain needs liquid cooling possibly with ethanol at this point.

you'll see jacob's reply when you're back.