[libre-riscv-dev] gitlab-ci-archiver status

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 21:03:26 BST 2020

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020, 12:32 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 8:21 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I used gitlab-ci-archiver to copy the build logs to the git repo's demo
> > branch.
>
> ahh, fantastic.
>
> is that in a position to hand over to frieder or alain?

Currently it needs modification to respond properly to adding a new build
to an existing pipeline (if someone clicks rebuild), it currently ignores
all pipelines already committed to the archive git repo. I'd estimate maybe
an hour of work by an experienced Rust programmer is needed.

It also needs code to send out the build failure emails, or that could be
done by a shell script by parsing all the new commits -- so an hour of work
in either bash or Rust -- both should call out to sendmail or equivalent or
we could use something like lettre.at which is a Rust email library. I
would assume the encryption referred to on lettre.at is TLS for email and
not PGP. We should probably set all emails to be forwarded through
libre-soc.org since gmail doesn't like getting emails from a home internet
ip address.

Other than those two things, it should be ready for active service.

The cron job that runs it should also run git push

It has checks to make sure the git repo is set up correctly and that it
won't mess anything up, however it won't work correctly if the repo is
being modified while it runs, so only one instance should run at a time on
each repo.

It's designed to archive the build logs of several gitlab projects at once,
so we should only need to run one instance.

The readme contains instructions for setting it up and using it:
https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/gitlab-ci-archiver/-/blob/master/README.md