[libre-riscv-dev] Broken build notification from debian salsa

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 16:13:04 BST 2020

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020, 08:00 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 3:37 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Checking to see if you saw this Luke:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/soc/-/jobs/652909
>
> no, i don't see anything from that because it's not sent to a public
> mailing list / resource.
>

> > If you don't have email notifications enabled, you probably should.
>
> the implications of relying on and reacting to something that's sent
> via a *private message* - even one that comes from an automated system
> - are that we are "hiding something".
>
> that seriously violates the goals of the project and undermines the
> basis of the funding that we receive from NLNet.
>
> although it's fantastic that you've done them, none of the rest of the
> team have any idea why those bugs were fixed in the unit tests, except
> when reviewing the "final result" - the commit.

Actually, everything but the notification email is currently public --
anyone can look at the build log and see the builds corresponding to all
commits. I think anyone can subscribe to the notifications, but I could be
wrong. If we subscribe the mailing list we should figure out how to filter
out the unsubscribe link to avoid people unsubscribing the mailing list
from gitlab.

https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/soc/pipelines