[libre-riscv-dev] Wish to work on

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Mar 25 10:30:55 GMT 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:11 AM Rishabh Jain <rishucoding at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sorry for being unresponsive and inactive for past 2 weeks,

 not a problem.

> was busy in my cousin's marriage

nice!

> and a small urgent work.

 always good to be busy.

 i'll let daniel answer the other questions, i'm not familiar with the
TLB, i do get this one though:

> 4. Not able to understand this snippet:
>
>  48         with
> m.If(self.p_encoder.n):

> Also, what does the variable 'n' do? [From the waveforms, it seems to me as
> a valid bit ,but quite confused here :(  ]

 yes, you can see that from the documentation on PriorityEncoder,
whiiich.... you can reaaaad... in the actual source code docstring...
1sec...

https://github.com/m-labs/nmigen/blob/master/nmigen/lib/coding.py#L54

so it's inverted:

" If any bit in ``i`` is asserted, ``n`` is low and ``o`` indicates
the least significant
asserted bit.  Otherwise, ``n`` is high and ``o`` is ``0``.
"

https://github.com/m-labs/nmigen/blob/master/nmigen/lib/coding.py#L69

    n : Signal, out
        Invalid: no input bits are asserted.