[libre-riscv-dev] div/mod algorithm written in python

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jul 20 07:49:05 BST 2019

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 6:55 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2019, 22:47 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
> > how you getting on btw?  (and kazan?)
> >
> going somewhat slow. I ended up taking a day or two writing an algebraic
> number library (https://github.com/programmerjake/algebraics) for later use
> in verifying that the different operations round correctly (it can exactly
> represent the roots of any polynomial with rational coefficients, which
> includes sqrt and rsqrt), but got bogged down in algorithms to factor
> polynomials.

sounds neat - do keep focussed, though.

btw is the div core in a position where it could be plugged in to the
FPDIV "stub" code?

> I haven't made additional progress on kazan.

 takes a lot to switch context/focus, doesn't it?  particularly on
complex topics.  i'm trying to keep the 6600-style memory work "in
mind" every couple of days, to keep it in "electrical neural memory",
so that when i come back to it after doing the FCVT etc. i don't feel
completely lost.