[libre-riscv-dev] old implementation of int to fp in custom cellular automata using golly

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 14:10:54 BST 2019

I remembered that I had created a gate-level implementation of a
sign-magnitude integer to ieee 754 32-bit float converter (in "int to fp.mc"
in attached zip file).

msb input is bottom left, msb output is bottom right.

it doesn't use round-to-nearest (I think it truncates towards zero, but not
sure)

Thought you all might find that amusing/interesting.

attaching zip file that works with latest version of golly.

the cellular automaton rules are based on wires and 2-input 1-bit muxes. if
you turn on cell icons in golly, the icons should help understanding what
the different cell kinds do. alternatively, read the comments in the
LogicWorld4.rule file.