[libre-riscv-dev] FP unit testing (was Re: [isa-dev] FP reciprocal sqrt extension proposal)

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 04:00:23 BST 2019

I found a project that is designed for building implementations of
math operations compliant to the IEEE 754 spec:
http://www.metalibm.org/ (kinda successor to crlibm)

>From what I can tell, it supports converting a mathematical expression
(on real numbers) to a implementation of that expression in code that
produces results matching IEEE 754 along with a proof of correctness.

This looks like it would be ideal for verifying frsqrt implementations
along with other math operations.