[libre-riscv-dev] Change pspec to class hierarchy

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 10:49:30 BST 2019

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 2:43 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > oops, I completely forgot.
> >
> > Also, in the "fix test_fpmul_pipe_32.py" commit, you re-broke it,
> > since I had renamed the id_wid and op_wid members across the entire
> > code base.
>
> that's odd, as the unit tests test_fpadd_pipe_16.py,
> test_fcvt_pipe_32_16.py and test_fpmul_pipe_16.py work (those are the
> one's i've run so far).  ah maybe you got an intermediary git pull?

nm, it's just that the id_width param in PipelineSpec.__init__ was not renamed.
> btw, looking at the new FPFormat class: the actual "standard" widths
> for exp and mantissa, it turns out are not adequate for many
> scenarios.
That's true, hence why I think there should be a UnpackedFPFormat
class. FPFormat is intended to handle just the formats that are stored
in memory, not all the weird and wonderful ways in which fp can be
unpacked internally.