[Libre-soc-misc] buying orange crab boards

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:02:55 GMT 2022

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022, 17:31 lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On February 23, 2022 1:23:50 AM UTC, Jacob Lifshay <
> programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >do we want to use some of the fpga fund to try to buy some?
>
> it's probably a good idea if you get one, there is a US site
> 1bitsquared.com

I bought one with the fpga fund (Thanks to generous donors!), and it
arrived today. I ended up spending a few hours trying to find the source
for the firmware, which wasn't in the orangecrab's github organization; I
finally found it:
https://github.com/gregdavill/OrangeCrab-test-sw

I got the 85k lut variant, which also comes with 512MiB of ram (more than I
was expecting).
fpga: LFE5U-85F-8MG285C
mem: MT41K256M16TW-107:P