[Libre-soc-misc] Rust & correctness

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:32:46 GMT 2020

I found an essay that describes quite well one of the major reasons I like
Rust -- Rust encourages creating APIs that are very hard to misuse, unlike
most other programming languages. The article compares/contrasts the http
libraries from NodeJS, Go, and a common Rust http library (hyper),
demonstrating by example some of the pitfalls associated with the API
designs used in Go and JavaScript, demonstrating how TypeScript can help
but doesn't fix a lot of the API design issues, and demonstrating how the
Rust library has a better (much harder to misuse) API.

https://fasterthanli.me/articles/aiming-for-correctness-with-types