[Libre-soc-dev] NLnet NGI Zero Entrust

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 10:56:17 BST 2022

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022, 02:22 Dmitry Selyutin via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2022, 11:46 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via Libre-soc-dev
> <
> libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
>
> > with 5/8 of the Libre-SOC Grants ending beginning of October,
> > we need to put in at least one more new one, the most obvious
> > pressing topic being for the SV Standard to cover proposing
> > and communication with the OPF ISA WG.
> >

> I've been thinking of supporting llvm after binutils. I'm not sure whether
> it fits.

idk whether it fits either (will require more thought when i'm not 3/4
asleep -- 3am here), but llvm is probably the most important compiler to
implement support for, since it can be used for all of the vulkan drivers
and for compiling all the software we need to have a working linux distro
and for compiling Rust code (which imho probably has/is-getting the best
portable built-in simd/vector API out of the common programming languages).
I can definitely help with the Rust side of things -- i'm working on that
anyway (currently mostly by reviewing PRs and discussing what the best way
to do stuff is).

I can also help with llvm stuff, though may be busy with other stuff.

we'll want to have llvm's predicated vector ops (llvm.vp.*) map to simple-v
in the backend.
https://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#vector-predication-intrinsics