[Libre-soc-dev] Who wants build failure emails?

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:31:32 BST 2022

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022, 02:10 Dmitry Selyutin <ghostmansd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2022, 12:04 Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> that's what i wanted too, but luke did not want build logs anywhere near
>> libre-soc.org git or mailing lists...because of that, i am hosting it on
>> my own server.
>>

> If this is about disk usage, a log rotation should do the trick (perhaps
> not git then).

i specifically want all build logs to be available via git such that it's
easy to see which commits build or not years later. because the build logs
don't change much, git can do a really good job of compressing them -- just
storing the changes -- as is usual for git packfiles.

luke has expressed that he doesn't want to just have debian salsa be the
official spot to go get libre-soc ci build logs, since it isn't apparently
sufficiently controlled by libre-soc. build.libre-soc.programmerjake.tk is
controlled by libre-soc since i own the server -- it's sitting in my
bedroom (as well as I am paying for the server that acts as a reverse
proxy, since I don't have a publicly accessible home internet).

the git repo only needs to be read-only, since only the ci bot is writing
to it, so imho gitolite3 isn't necessary (besides i don't particularly like
gitolite3 anyway -- not very user-friendly). if we want a web frontend,
i'll install gitea or something.

If this is about having it in a different place, this is quite strange,
> because everything else is in one place (I can literally visit all
> repositories which belong to libresoc and see all of them). This also
> applies to stuff like salsa.debian

debian salsa is the official home of kazan, the vulkan driver I started
before libre-soc began and have since been writing for libre-soc. imho it
is controlled by libre-soc, though luke does/did disagree. I've also been
using it to some extent as a spot to make repos when luke isn't readily
available (e.g. https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/gitlab-ci-archiver --
the source for the build archive/email-sender bot).