[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc Environment Installation

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:26:35 BST 2022

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 2:28 PM Santhosh Kumar V V .
<123040015 at sastra.ac.in> wrote:

> I apologise sir, I missed to do git pull, I now redone the steps you told after git pull.
>
> Except for one error all the errors are passed now.

yep you can ignore this one, it is the way nosetests3 works

> TypeError: example_test() missing 1 required positional argument: 'name'

> Another error is that after updating the folders using git pull
> During make svanalysis this error arises

right.  ok.  so you almost certainly typed "make sv_analysis" not
"make svanalysis"... wait...

> make: *** [Makefile:58: svanlysis] Error 1

you typed "make svanlysis" - a mis-spelling.

that caused the Makefile (line 58) to think you wanted to build sphinx
documentation.  i'm not going to worry about this, it's non-essential
and works in my environment where i'm responsible for building
docs and uploading them.

so you're all good!  you have the build environment, so if you wanted
to, you should be able to do "make ls180_verilog" or any of the other
targets in soc Makefile:

   https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=Makefile;hb=HEAD#l47

but, you _can_ also just use soclayout/experiment9 pre-built libresoc.v
(section 7 https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/coriolis2/) make sure to
use the correct tag, as i sent in the last message.

the issue is that you *may* come across a situation where you need
to rebuild libresoc.v, which gets... complicated given that litex is
involved.

see how you get on with the tagged version in soclayout/experiment9,
first, ok?