[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc Environment Installation

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 14 12:23:42 BST 2022

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 11:51 AM Santhosh Kumar V V . via
Libre-soc-dev <libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> Good Afternoon sir, During the installation process I faced some errors
> from setuptools,
> According to my knowledge these version of setuptools and setuptool scm are
> required for proper installation.

interesting, and appreciated the report.  these are the versions that
are installed by the mk-deb-chroot program:

(cleansoc)lkcl at fizzy:~$ dpkg -l | grep pip
ii  python3-pip                            18.1-5
         all          Python package installer
(cleansoc)lkcl at fizzy:~$ dpkg -l | grep setuptools
ii  python3-setuptools                     40.8.0-1
         all          Python3 Distutils Enhancements

these have always worked in the past, and it's a major, major upgrade
to what are supposed to be "reproducible build" scripts to change them,
now.

what *exactly* happened?

> pip install setuptools==50.0.0
> pip install setuptools_scm==3.0.0

... ah hang on, the mk-deb-chroot script doesn't add
python3-setuptools-scm. drat.  i *hope* adding that doesn't
cause problems, sigh.

can i possibly ask you if you could re-check with a new schroot?
call it "clean-libresoc" or something.  mk-deb-chroot clean-libresoc
obviously then "schroot -c clean-libresoc"

you'll need to re-clone the dev-env-setup:
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=dev-env-setup.git;a=commitdiff;h=e7fc148ce78bd57f323ee464abdf0b3d9e039d40

many many thanks,

(also could other people please check as well?)