[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc Environment Installation

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 14 06:25:08 BST 2022

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 5:34 AM Santhosh Kumar V V . via Libre-soc-dev
<libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> Good morning sir, I have done installing the files using devscripts, there
> were some small errors during installation but I managed to overcome them.
>
> The files are installed in this path "/opt/chroot/libresoc/home/vvs"
>
> The source files are installed in "/opt/chroot/libresoc/home/src"

ok, good. "schroot -c libresoc" and they should be accessible
as /home/vvs /home/src.

actually, now that i look at it, if the source files are in /home/src
then you did not precisely follow the instructions: the instructions
are designed to create /home/${SUDO_USER}/src and if the
environment variable ${SUDO_USER} is empty that will end
up as "/home//src".  never mind, it should be ok.

> What are the next steps to be carried out, to check proper installation?

in the nmigen subdirectory you can do "nosetests3" to check
that its self-tests are working.

in the soc directory you can run one of the Makefile targets
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=Makefile;hb=HEAD#l47

> or how to get the flow of generation of gds II.

follow the instructions here
https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/coriolis2/