[Libre-soc-dev] svp64 review and "FlexiVec" alternative

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:40:09 BST 2022

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 6:37 AM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> LibreBMC is future though, not shipping yet, AFAIK. The
> current boxes, at least the small ones, use ARM in the BMC (ast2500).

and a plaintext password embedded into the silicon for serial
admin console access.  if you look at the AST2500 Tech Ref
Manual you'll find the page numbering skips by one, right
around discussion of the UART.  1 guesses as to what that
missing page contains?

> The 1-minute boot is a separate issue, there's already much faster
> software for the current BMC as well. I think under 10s.

Kestrel, for TALOS-II, which uses ZephyrOS ported to ppc64,
is 100 ms.