[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 14jul2022

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:32:55 BST 2022

While I was thinking about how isync isn't suitable for a memory fence, I
noticed we have no tests that it operates correctly to allow executing
modified instructions (e.g. JIT compilers), so I wrote one. Feel free to
move to a more appropriate location.

I tried to make as standalone as possible, yet still running on ppc64le
linux so it can be easily tested on a power9 cpu.

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=openpower-isa.git;a=commitdiff;h=27dca7419e3b5f8df2fdb9aae45481aea6754bc7

I spent quite a few hours trying to get a elf section to be both writable
and executable, was led down the wrong path of trying to use -Wl,-N and
finally figured out to use objcopy to edit the section flags.