[Libre-soc-dev] budget-sync & payment consistency assumptions

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Sep 23 10:14:48 BST 2021

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 3:34 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=utils.git;a=commitdiff;h=a41c7d2522c9a7367b232c1adc069dd6aa8b3ad2
>
> i'm taking the easy way out, since i don't want to go through all the code
> with a fine-toothed comb to find and change all the places where the code
> assumes there is at most one payment per person-bug combination.

this assumption is invalid.

> when you
> originally ignored the error, luke, it left the code in a state where some
> payments get ignored for some of the outputs. that error is supposed to
> prevent that by telling you to stop breaking its assumptions.

then that needs to be sorted, because there are in fact two separate payments,
and we are (effectively) lying - very publicly - about who has received what.

can you please revert that change because it is a PUBLIC declaration,
"this is a totally non-existent totally separate person, who has NEVER
received the funds".

given that NLnet use the CSV files to compare against their records,
and that NLnet (and we) are under Audit conditions it is EXTREMELY
serious and effectively a false declaration.