[Libre-soc-dev] nlnet grant for funding maintenance/development of website/bugzilla

Reuben Lifshay rlifshay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:31:37 GMT 2021

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 9:09 AM lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On November 24, 2021 4:35:07 PM UTC, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 23, 2021, 16:50 lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> and project management.  someone other than me who asks people for
> >status
> >> updates does RFPs etc.
> >

> >hmm, that's out of scope for what he was interested in working on,
>
> if it's _just_ the IT Systems Administration of the server, that is already covered by myself and Alain, and no assistance with it is required.  the IT Services are cut to bare minimum quite deliberately, using services that are very deliberately low maintenance and functional.
>
> fail2ban has been set up by me to be quite draconian: it keeps away portscan attacks extremely effectively.
>
> the only service that needs examining and updating is exim4, but it is "functional" for now.
>
> project management, comprising creation of RFPs, and the updating of the budget sync program, as well as keeping the bugzilla database updated, and checking with people carrying out tasks that they are doing them, asking them what they need in order to do it, keeping an eye on timescales etc etc and much more: all of that is taking up a significant amount of my time and is quite urgent.
>
> l.

Hello!

We are primarily a software development, web services, and managed
hosting company. As such, project management is certainly something we
are capable of and would be interested in, but as mentioned, that
wasn't something we had discussed. My initial discussion with Jacob
was in regards to the website (management of and/or
replacement/improvement), hosting, infrastructure management, and
DevOps software and management. We were discussing all of that
primarily because of our interest in technology, but in doing so
realized that RedShift might be a good fit, and would likely be able
to improve things significantly. We would definitely be interested in
having a discussion with you to assess requirements and opportunities
in more detail!

Reuben