[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 21nov2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Nov 23 12:00:55 GMT 2021

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 5:15 AM D. Mitch Bailey
<d.bailey at shuharisystem.com> wrote:

> Luke,
> > * found Mitch's CVC, invited him to participate
> >     https://github.com/d-m-bailey/cvc
> > * tried reaching out to efabless again, suspect they
> >     are just madly busy with the MPW3 deadline
>
> You may already be aware, but google/efabless/skywater have a slack
> page where a lot of communication takes place.

yes - we're cut off from it due to slack's terms and conditions being
incompatible with "Libre".  we have to take that very seriously because
if we are "caught out" by anyone wishing to contribute who also takes
privacy and transparency seriously (such as our funding body, NLnet),
that's, well, pure hypocrisy and we'd be absolutely slated and our
entire purpose and justification completely destroyed.

in addition we are under "Audit" conditions: full transparency is required
at all times, to engender trust with end-users and customers alike, at the
business end (RED Semiconductor Ltd).

engaging in "secret" conversations behind closed paywalled or otherwise
walled gardens is a massive red flag.

> I can send an invite to anyone interested.

if there is anyone reading this who would like to accept slack's terms and
conditions, it's entirely their prerogative.  however for general discussion
of Libre-SOC and especially *development* of Libre-SOC, use of slack
or other walled garden is a "no" unfortunately.

> FWIW, I talk with Mohamed Kassem occasionally and Tim Edwards frequently
> if you'd like me to relay a message.

appreciated.

one thing that would be very useful would be to ask Tim to put the IRC
relay bridge
over to IRC.Libera.Chat.  as far as i am aware it may be still running
on freenode,
but it's definitely not on libera.chat (i'm in the channel #skywater-pdk now on
irc.libera.chat, and it's been inactive for over 3 months).

Freenode is basically dead: its new "owner" (from the hostile
takeover) completely
destroyed all trust that any community could have in what lilo set up,
30 years ago:
unfortunately when the entire Libre/Open community moved over to Libera.Chat,
the #skywater-pdk bridge was not updated.

when that is re-enabled i can run a logging bot on that channel, and our Audit
Conditions are satisfied.