[Libre-soc-dev] Greetings

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:20:03 GMT 2021

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 2:38 PM D. Mitch Bailey
<d.bailey at shuharisystem.com> wrote:

> Luke,
>
> Thanks for the info. Whom should I contact at LIP6?

Jean-Paul when he is back from holiday.  he is on this mailing list.

> Also I downloaded the experiment9 tarball and took a look at the spice
> files inside.
>
> It appears that maybe just the synthesized spice was included and not
> the standard cells.

in the case of the version i sent you, which was created from using
nsxlib, those will be part of alliance-check-toolkit, but you will
have to convert
those from their VHDL source code.

> For example, I couldn't locate a gpio.spi file. Is
> there a way to download all the spi files referenced in chip.spi?

no because they'd be auto-generated output, from nsxlib and niolib.

https://gitlab.lip6.fr/vlsi-eda/alliance-check-toolkit/-/tree/master/cells/nsxlib
https://gitlab.lip6.fr/vlsi-eda/alliance-check-toolkit/-/tree/master/cells/niolib

there is almost certainly a way to write a python script which
will perform the required auto-generation to read in the
vbe and output spice: i just don't know (personally) what that is.

we had very little time in which to get a hell of a lot done, and
not a lot of additional help to do it.  therefore the spice output mode
was added by Jean-Paul extremely quickly with only something mad
like two weeks remaining to the July tape-out deadline.

> Also, what's the difference between chip.spi and chip_r.spi?

as best i recall: pre- and post- place-and-route.