[Libre-soc-dev] bitmanip planning

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:55:44 GMT 2021

> Dimitry: if you can do the bitmanip instructions in the Simulator
(convert verilog reference code to Power ISA pseudocode) that would be very
helpful.  this is under a new (approved) NLnet grant, we can add you to
Libre-SOC team, i will take care of 3mdeb.

> Jacob: if you can keep an eye out and coordinate with Dimitry on the
pseudocode / simulator, it would be good if you could do the HDL for the
bitmanip instructions.  you will need to work together on shared unit tests.

Yeah, I'll start working on that.

Lkcl, where is the reference verilog?

Dimitry, I'm planning on writing the bitmanip FUs and then we can go ahead
and add tests against the pseudocode once you've added that. Sound good?