[Libre-soc-dev] gigabit router design decisions

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:42:17 GMT 2021

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021, 14:21 lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> jacob: what you are saying here, which is really insulting, is:
>
> 1) lkcl is incompetent and after 18 months of developing an ASIC, and 20+
> years of Project Management, incapable of judging time and task estimates.

Sorry that it sounded like you are incompetent, that is not at all what I
meant. imho *no one*, not just you, is all that good at estimating how long
programming tasks take, they can easily take waay less or waay more time
than estimated.

> 2) lkcl, after informing me multiple times that further discussion instead
> of listening and taking action is aggravating the project, is not worth
> listening to or respecting, and therefore the project is not important
> either.

Yeah, I'm not going to discuss this branch prediction topic anymore, and
will be working on the other tasks you wanted me to do.

nobody else on the team argues for several DAYS when the context is
> "extreme time pressure".
>
> why is it that you do?

cuz discussions are asynchronous due to our using email, and, because of
needing more than 1-2 cycles of response can't be completed in a short
amount of time. perhaps email isn't the best medium for this kind of
conversation.