[Libre-soc-dev] NGI POINTER gigabit ethernet router ASIC roadmap

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Nov 1 22:02:27 GMT 2021

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 8:10 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2021, 04:11 lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * SVP64 again has to be cut. SimdSignal is not ready in time, elwidth
> > overrides are not ready in time (simulator or HDL) and an Issuer for SVP64
> > is particularly complex: that was learned from TestIssuer. it also greatly
> > increases the number of regfile ports needed.
> >

> So, should I pause working on SimdSignal and switch to stuff needed for the
> gigabit router?

hmmm hmmm not sure - let's see how everyone's getting on, who can do
what.  waiting to hear from Dimitry (who is waiting for NLnet to pay the
donation for work already done, and the paperwork needs "Libre-SOC Team"
to be added to MoUs for that to happen)

so do carry on for now, but keep an eye out on this page to "plan ahead" if
you know what i mean
https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/bitmanip/

some of those are read simple, some are not, so a decision needs to be
made as to which ones go in, and why.  bear in mind, some assembler
routines are needed to "demo" them as "actually being useful" for
speeding up / reducing power on cryptographic routines (that's the
point of the NLnet crypto-primitives Grant)