[Libre-soc-dev] Getting an SSH access to the repositories

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jul 12 19:39:56 BST 2021

On 7/12/21, Dmitry Selyutin <dmitry.selyutin at 3mdeb.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/21 10:52 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> if you're happy to, when you have time, ping me on #libre-soc
>> on irc.libera.chat, i can go over the simulator etc.
>> i've been thinking for a week or so how what would be a
>> good way to get started
> Thanks for this suggestion, that'd be great! Please, let me know via
> direct e-mail when you have some time for this.

if you treat IRC as asynchronous and stay logged in (screen with
irssi, or use bnc4you or other persistent proxy) we can (eventually)
complete a conversation.

> I'm completing the
> environment setup; environment-wise I hope I'll be ready soon.

superb. you shouldn't need coriolis2 or GDHL or iverilog at this point.

you should be able to just hand-edit the relevant .git/config files
and substitute gitolite3 at git.... blahblah for the https line.

no need to go recloning the repos just because they were checked out over https.

btw what spec system do you have? please say you have 16 GB RAM or greater.

if not we have a TALOS-II system sponsored by Raptor with insane
amounts of RAM and cores.

>> could you kindly go over this and let us know if you're happy with
>> it, or have any questions:
>> https://libre-soc.org/charter/
>> https://libre-soc.org/charter/discussion/
> Not only I agree with it, I really liked reading it.

oh good :) i do hope you appreciated the dilbert cartoons as counter-examples :)

> I have to admit
> this is one of the most sane and concise guideline I've seen recently.
>
>> anyway, you made it here - welcome!
> Thank you! It's nice to join the team. Looking forward to our collaboration!

:)