[Libre-soc-dev] IRC question

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 9 11:20:00 BST 2021

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 11:02 AM Umberto Cerrato
<umbertocerrato at outlook.it> wrote:

> Can we add a search bar to the website?

enabled in ikiwiki, one click.

> Anyway I thought we could make a sort of (lol) short guide/quick shortcuts links to the website pages…

that's what the sidebar is for, and the first thing on it is the sitemap.

> (It wouldn’t be the best way of doing things. It would be a patch.
> While, maybe, the solution would be a rethinking of the website Organization.

it's a developer site for a complex project, therefore, inherently,
it's going to be complex.

this is not something that can really be "fixed" by "reorganising"
unless you get a full time fully-paid-up commercial "marketing" team
whose sole exclusive job is to hand-hold people and walk them through
the information.