[Libre-soc-dev] Two recent papers I just came across about INVT_SQRT

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 23:22:35 GMT 2021

Hi All,

I came across someone sharing these two papers about fast INVT_SQRT
innovations just now. I'm not sure if they are relevant to us as it
seems they are focussed on the software side (using fmac) not the
hardware side but I could have misinterpreted. Are these worth adding
to the resources page?

Fast Calculation of Cube and Inverse Cube Roots Using a Magic
Constant and Its Implementation on Microcontrollers
https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/energies/energies-14-01058/article_deploy/energies-14-01058-v2.pdf

Modified Fast Inverse Square Root and Square Root
Approximation Algorithms: The Method of Switching
Magic Constants
https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/computation/computation-09-00021/article_deploy/computation-09-00021-v3.pdf

Cole