[Libre-soc-dev] VSX pseudo-code Extraction

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 19:20:36 GMT 2021

On Feb 17, 2021, at 12:40, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> frieder there is one task that would help, Veera as well,
>
> we need the VSX pseudocode extracted from the OpenPOWER ref manual v3.0B
> and put into this format:
>
> https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=libreriscv.git;a=blob;f=openpower/isa/fixedarith.mdwn;h=9fd56d5db26de19046705ab479922646bd40f286;hb=HEAD
>
> if everyone takes a chapter each it is much easier.

I’m happy to sign up for a chapter!  Is there a bug/task set up to track this discussion and coordinate efforts under or should we just do it on the mailing list?

> originally i used pdftotext to at least get something, the format was a
> mess but it did 80% of the work.
>
> the format is VERY strict, because it is read by software.  exactly the
> right number of spaces etc.
>
> the most important skill to have is "not fall asleep at the keyboard"

The file referenced by the git link above ends with the suffix “.mdwn” leading me to believe the intended target format is Markdown.  Is that deduction correct?

You stressed the strictness of the format (“exactly the right number of spaces”) so I was hoping for a more definite specification than simply an example.  In the absence of a definite specification, what software will be reading this?

Sincerely,
Richard