[Libre-soc-dev] daily kanban update 7-FEB-2021

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 23:17:46 GMT 2021

Hi Luke,

I've filed a bug for the work you asked me to do on the yosys external
cell scripts for JP/the coriolis workflow. I have also filed a bug for
my attempt at formally verifying icache.py.

Is there a budget available for these tasks? Please let me know if I
have incorrectly filled in any of the fields on these bug reports.

I'm now going to finish up the work on the JTAG debugger setup page
from last year; I kind of got distracted by the SimpleV spec process
and the vast amounts of emails, and many meetings, then got distracted
by several programming things mostly unrelated to the project last
month.

I read the chat for libre-soc and coriolis at fosdem yesterday and
today, very nice feedback and discussion!

Related, someone asked about coriolis2 setup and deprecated
dependencies. I've been working on converting coriolis2 to python3 and
qt5 over the past few weeks... because I got distracted and intrigued
as I made progress compiling, fixing include and other errors that
arose now that it was python3 not 2, and going through this loop over
and over. I think I'm nearly at the end of this process, just a few
things to sort out, it now compiles and installs, but there's
something funky going on with the shared object library import and
initialization of the coriolis python3 libraries/modules, creating a
double free error that results in a qt abort (core dumped), and a
python3 import error. I'm not going to take time on list with this,
except once I've solved it/it's done, tested, and potentially ready
for use (after the tapeout obviously), but I wanted to fill in the
team on the list just because.

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything, but if I remember I'll let you know.

Cole