[Libre-soc-dev] Introduction to Libre-SOC

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Feb 7 20:40:55 GMT 2021

On Sunday, February 7, 2021, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On Feb 7, 2021, at 12:53, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

>>  since we last spoke, jacob pointed out that the
>> partitioned wallace multiplier is "probably good enough".
>
> What size operands?  64-bit?

64 bit input, 128 bit output, 7 bit partitions into 8x8 input and 8x16
output.

> How many cycles does it take to complete in best and worst case?

all parameteriseable so it's a non-question.

stages are combinatorial and the pipeline API can be used to construct
arbitrary chains with arbitrary register stages.

if any given setup is inadequate to meet timing we adjust 2 parameters and
the problem goes away.