[Libre-soc-dev] OT: Google has been marking emails from Luke (on this list) to me as spam

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 18:16:46 BST 2021

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 09:39 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Monday, April 26, 2021, <rhkramer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know that anybody can do anything about this, and I don't know
> > exactly
> > how it works, but gmail recently started marking posts to this list from
> > Luke
> > as spam, so I was not seeing them (in kmail via pop3).
>

> the majority of contributors on this list are treated the same because they
> run their own mail servers.

I'd guess that gmail marks emails from gmail addresses (iirc luke uses
gmail) and probably some others as spam because the mailing list doesn't
change the From field and gmail sees the email coming from a server that's
not the one it knows emails should come from.

The LLVM mailing list is set up to change the From field, as in the
following example: