[Libre-soc-dev] VERSA_ECP5 JTAG TAP interface confirmed functional

Veera vklr at vkten.in
Sun Apr 25 05:52:50 BST 2021

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 11:21:33PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Saturday, April 24, 2021, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>

> > gatecat notes that the BRAMs on the 5G version are much faster.  and 256MB
> > SDRAM is about as much as can be pushed with a single SDRAM IC anyway.
> >

> 512 mbit is the limit, which is 64 mbytes.
>
> is that going to be enough, for running linux without drastic surgery?
>
> l.

Debian amd64 needs atleast 512 MB RAM for installation, if I remember
correctly during last installation.

Linux kernel with minimal user space programs will run quiet nicely in
64MB of RAM. I remember running Redhat 6 in 64MB of system ram.

I have run LFS with 64MB of RAM. Newer GUI programs may need more
system RAM memory.

Regards,
Veera