[Libre-soc-dev] Update on Coriolis & LS180.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Apr 24 16:59:36 BST 2021

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 4:28 PM Jean-Paul Chaput
<Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr> wrote:

>   To be sure, I've re-checkout the repository and run
>   build_full.sh, still not working.

bizarre.

> However I didn't exactly
>   follow the procedure, so I will do it again strictly sticking
>   to what's on the LibreSOC website to be absolutely certain.

you absolutely need the debian chroot.  if you are not using the
coriolis2_chroot build process, instead for example using
$insert_OS_here, then for example, /usr/bin/python will be symlinked
to /usr/bin/python3, not /usr/bin/python2.  this *will* cause the
pinmux program to fail because it is python2.7 only.

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=dev-env-setup.git;a=blob;f=coriolis2-chroot;hb=HEAD

>   That said, when I look at all the build.sh, There something
>   I don't understand : the git command has to be run in the
>   top of the repository,

no - git submodule update just has to be run anywhere inside the git
repo (just like any other git command).

> but the subsequent commands needs
>   to be run in the script's directory. What am I missing here?

i'm guessing "blind".  there's absolutely no good reason that i can think of.

without seeing a listing, or actually logging in to the machine and
investigating for myself, seeing the directory structure, and so on, i
have absolutely no idea.

the only thing i can think of is to run the exact same "make pinmux"
in other directories, and get / check it working there.

it cannot possibly fail in absolutely every one of the three separate
locations it's used.