[Libre-soc-dev] ls180 update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Apr 19 14:54:47 BST 2021

On Monday, April 19, 2021, Jean-Philippe Turcotte <jp2k5 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Excellent will add you shortly.
>
> I am in, thanks! Now I just need to understand how the platform works.
>
> > about 200 cores across dozens of machines, each with between 128 and 512
> GB
> > of RAM.
>
> Nice, hopefully that will be enough. However, I am worried for the
> Verilating part.

it's dead simple.  search this page for the word "distcc"
 https://www.veripool.org/wiki/verilator/Manual-verilator

you set an env var OBJ_CACHE, that's it.

done.

> > the only thing required in the VM is a c compiler.
>
> Alright. I will try to get it working with two machines first. I will also
> test default vs. pump mode.

document everything.  create a wiki page, put *all* the commands and
procedures in it.

hmm i will create it first, that's easier:
http://libre-soc.org/fed4fire

> Do you want me to benchmark gcc vs. Clang too?

benchmarks already show llvm-9 is fastest.

> Also, what about the gcc version? Any reason we do not use the latest?
>
> Finally, are we compiling a ppc or an x86 binary?

running locally.

what processor do you have in a PC ?