[Libre-soc-dev] Introduction - Elle

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 02:27:30 BST 2020

> On Jun 15, 2020, at 5:08 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> mostly it is organisation (re-organisation).  splitting long pages,
> particularly the 6600scoreboard one, into small sections, this would
> be very handy.

I actually have a plan to do this while aggregating and cross referencing with mailing list and bug reports as a projects along with the visual kanban-style bug tracker. This week I’m working on getting everything I need to do mapped out on my own kanban board, then once I’ve got a good idea of what I’m doing I’ll put it on my wiki page. Next week I’ll have an idea of to what extent I’ll be able to do this documentation work in tandem or integrated with the visual bug tracker. On that note, I’m going to be copying Dan Leighton’s js dashboard app translating it into an elm single page app. This skeleton will provide a good foundation for me to create the kanban app, and I’ll be doing a small amount of work developing the contents of this skeleton with Dan for something he’s working on. Yay family!!

> the new EUR 6,000 "Documentation" budget will help here.  it's not a
> massive amount, we really should put in an actual NLNet Grant request
> for a proper budget.

Agreed. I think the original grants probably should have set aside some small percentage for the administration and project management parts of the greater project. But of course at the time this was hard to have known. It’s only once you get far along enough that the project starts to need it. So now we’re reaching that point it’s become very clear that this is an essential component in furthering the engineering efforts, especially because it takes time to recruit new engineering talent to the project.

Cole