[Libre-soc-dev] svp64 questions: various

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Dec 26 14:50:07 GMT 2020

On Saturday, December 26, 2020, Alexandre Oliva <oliva at gnu.org> wrote:

> It seems to me that, when using twin predication, one of the predicate
> vectors may run out before the other, and it would be useful to be able
> to tell how far they got.

one popcount on the source predicate, another on the dest.  although it
would be puzzling if the programmer used 2Pred (aka multiple ordered
VINSERT) without knowing in advance what the outcome would be.

https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/overview/

updated to add section about register tagging which seems to be the primary
overall focus of what you wrote.