[Libre-soc-dev] daily kanban 2020-12-15

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 16:15:46 GMT 2020

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> as long as it backs into git, so that we don't have to stop what we're
> doing, rework the web server, focus on its stability for several
> weeks... you get the idea.

100%, that’s what I was thinking about when I said it would be an offline
google doc-like crdt system, essentially git but where it’s much easier to
resolve merge conflicts. I have a strong intuition that gut merge conflict
resolution is dramatically harder when working with large amounts of
markdown than it is with code because of the unstructured vs structured
nature of the two.

Saw Richard’s suggestion of ethertext, I’ll take a look at that, and if
it’s not git friendly, I’ll spend a little while today looking to see if
there’s something that is git friendly but also better suited for
concurrent markdown editing.

Cole