[Libre-soc-dev] svp64

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:13:04 GMT 2020

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> * i really, REALLY do not understand the naming.  it is flat-out
> impossible for me, due to what i am increasingly beginning to
> recognise (after "only" 40 years) is a form of dyslexia,

Oof. I appreciate the difficulty of dyslexia. I also think that there’s an
important reason Jacob chose this naming scheme instead of using the
existing one. Perhaps he can come up with way to write it that interferes
less with your dyslexia, but still keeps the indication that this is a
novel future expansion enabled naming scheme?

> to interpret
> the names.  the old SVPrefix meaning which referred to bits was dead
> easy.
>
> * reduction of table names by reducing verbosity of descriptions.  i
> use a very small screen for viewing the wiki pages: editing and just
> reviewing is a pain.  the more words, the harder it is to understand.

As you’ve mentioned previously, writing concise descriptions is harder than
writing verbose ones. Could an interim solution be a short description with
some kind of footnotes? Additionally, in the case where names of things
become too long, abbreviations and a glossary could be used to cut down on
the horizontal length of the tables.

> i think that's everything, meeting in 20 mins.

Good luck!

Cole