[libre-riscv-dev] Request for Scoreboard and Functional Units Update

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:34:04 BST 2020

On May 30 2020, at 10:31 am, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> i am really impressed by what michael did, very quickly, however it
> was the
> collaboration that really did it.  cole as well, his enthusiasm is
> inspiring, and it is very funny that he knew flat-out zero about gate-level
> programming *and* python, let alone nmigen, even a few months ago.

Thanks Luke, the help from you, Michael, Jacob, Yehowshua, Jean-Paul,
and the others who I may be forgetting to mention, has been so
awe-inspiring. Your patience, friendliness, and sheer overall
helpfulness has been honestly amazing, and frankly inspiring, as is the
overall attitude and goals of the project. I am thrilled to be starting
to become a contributing member, and hopefully one-day, with lots of
effort and studying, I can I achieve somewhere near the competency and
brilliance of Michael, through learning from him and everyone else.

One small correction though, I did know python and rust prior to joining
the project. I'm not that brilliant ;) Gate-level programming as well as
nmigen still hurt my brain tremendously when thinking through them to
write code and proofs, however it's a very good kind of pain because
thanks again to your *painstakingly* attentive and patient help I'm learning.

Cole